Job title: Production Designer
Direct report: Resource Manager, Creative Director
Origin Production Designers are masters of all trades. They are responsible for executing on Origin’s creative and contributing to the efficient and detail-oriented output of the Production Department. Success in this role requires the ability to multitask between brands, types of projects and articulating design solutions directly to our clients. Our Production Designers ooze enthusiasm and focus. They can spot out of place pixels from across the office. As a part of the Creative Department, they also crave collaboration and contribute to website redesigns, advertising campaigns and everything in between. They’re speed and support is unmatched.
A post-secondary design degree or diploma with specialization/focus in interactive, graphic or multimedia design is our baseline. Enthusiasm and a passion for design is a must. A solid grasp of design theory and confidence in applying it to a design problem is next. Kerning, tracking, and leading is part of your everyday vocabulary. The ability to work independently and self-manage your time and schedule is required to be successful. This candidate must have permanent residency in Canada and live in the Sea to Sky Corridor.
- Completion of post-secondary design degree or diploma with specialization/focus in interactive and graphic design translating to a proficiency in print production (prepress) and website development.
- Have an up-to-date design portfolio.
- 2-4 years of professional experience in a design/creative environment is ideal.
- Experience working with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign beyond an intermediate level.
- Familiarity and basic skills with Invision, Sketch and Adobe Animate (or similar).
- Ability to build and prepare design files for final print output.
- Foundational knowledge of user experience and interactive design (grids, responsive layouts).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Confident public speaker. Collaborative and respectful personality.
- Unhuman eye for detail and consistency.
- Liaise directly with clients for any materials, information, submissions and approval etc., required to complete production projects, providing efficient, effective and proactive client communication.
- Gather and assemble background information and/or specification and media specification documents.
- Effectively assess project estimates and provide feedback or revisions.
- Clearly communicate with Account Managers and clients about the current status of all jobs in progress, and any issues affecting job quality.
- Maintain quality control on all client projects, through diligent proofing for all projects, as requested.
- Maintain all in-house client files (digital and physical assets), archiving and server maintenance.
- Create advertising and marketing materials according to strategic plans provided by the Creative Director, and by assignment from the Creative Director and Design leads.
- Understand and execute digital media plan from media agency.
- Meticulously reviewing all work for errors/omissions prior to turning in work for approval.
- Be a collaborator and self-motivator who welcomes feedback and finds ways to remain engaged and motivated in their job.
- Contribute to Creative Department meetings, initiatives and inspiration.
- Every member of the Origin team is expected to maintain a positive, enthusiastic and engaged attitude.