We live and work in arguably the best places on the planet and collaborate with some of outdoor sport’s smartest, most inspiring creatives, technologists, filmmakers, photographers, content creators, athletes and ambassadors. Drop us a line if you think you’d fit in.
Marketing coordinator + Community manager
Origin is searching for a project coordinator and community manager. This role will provide support to both Origin’s clients and to Origin’s internal team. The ideal candidate will be incredibly well organized, have excellent written communication skills, be able to execute a project plan and have experience in managing social media communities.
- 1-2 years of experience as a Coordinator in an advertising or marketing agency
- 1-2 years of experience working with social media and community management tools
- Perfect spoken and written English
Director of Video
Origin’s Director of Video is the creative and business force behind Origin’s video department, with three distinct areas of responsibility—creative oversight, team management and mentorship and
As the department’s creative lead, the Director of Video provides hands-on, senior expertise as a
Director and Producer, as well as overseeing other senior contractors. As the most senior director
and producer in Origin’s midst, creative leadership, story concepting, casting, storyboard
development, script development and client presentations are all within the realm of duties.
As the department’s manager, the Director of Video leads, manages and mentors a team of internal staff and contractors comprised of directors, cinematographers, producers, writers, editors, motion and sound designers, as well as athletes and talent to create video content for Origin’s outdoor sport clients. His or her own cinematography, editing and producing skills may also be leaned on occasionally.
Finally, as the department’s business lead, the Director of Video contributes to client pitching and
proposal development, is responsible for the financial success and oversight of the department,
liaises with Origin’s other department heads, and is a member of Origin’s senior leadership team.
A full job description can be found, here. If this sounds like you, send us an email below.
Production Artist/ Coordinator
Job title: Production Artist coordinator
Direct report: Resource Manager, Creative Director
Position: Permanent, full-time, salaried
Origin is looking for an all-round production specialist, someone who is just as comfortable coordinating a design team as they are being a part of one. If you have experience with visual design and layout, but can also prioritize team workloads, execute schedules and liaise with clients then we would like to hear from you.
- Work in partnership with production design team to deliver production jobs on-time, on-budget while ensuring the highest design standards and quality assurance.
- Focuses on interpersonal communication, organic prioritization and empowered and accountable work by the production design team.
- Ensure the effectiveness, profitability and improvement of the production department with the collaboration of its members
- Liaise with the Resource Manager to develop and execute project schedules on large production jobs
- Conduct daily workflow and workload meetings involving personnel from the production department
- Help manage and assess studio priorities at all times.
- Receive, via account service, client briefings for production jobs. Open job dockets, review written client briefings, verify and gather any missing information in the briefs and prepare printer
- Effectively estimate larger production projects with the assistance of the Resource Manager.
- Help administer the activity of the production department
- Keep Resource manager informed of any department needs leading to its improvement
- Reconciliation all production design jobs for billing, docket and sample filing.
- The position combines important design and executional responsibilities. The production artist must possess superior visual design and layout skills across all channels
- Gather and assemble background information and/or specification and media specification documents
- Liaise directly with clients for any materials, information, submissions and approval etc., required to complete production projects, providing efficient, effective and proactive client communication.
- Effectively assess project “estimates”.
- Clearly communicate with Account Managers and clients about the current status of all jobs in progress, and any issues affecting job quality.
- Maintain quality control on all client projects, through diligent proofing for all projects, as requested.
- Maintain all in-house client files (digital and physical assets), archiving and server maintenance.
- Create advertising and marketing materials according to strategic plans provided by the Creative Director, and by assignment from the Creative Director and Design leads. Design work may range from concept roll outs and/ or original designs with direction provided from an Design Lead to basic layout and production
- Understand and execute digital media plan from media agency
- Have strong working knowledge of computer design software and hardware and strives to stay current in level of knowledge and abilities
- Responsible for ordering digital output when needed, and coordinating digital output and transmissions of pre-press artwork
- Responsible for meticulously reviewing all work for errors/omissions prior to turning in work for approval
- Be a collaborator and self motivator who welcomes feedback and finds ways to remain engaged and motivated in their job
- Every member of the Origin team is expected to maintain a positive, enthusiastic and engaged attitude!
Contract Designers and Copywriters
Origin is looking for some talented, quick thinking and even quicker making designers and copywriters of the intermediate to senior level for a variety of short term contracts. Interactive backgrounds are a must, and a love for the outdoors a close second. Ok, maybe a first.
- 6-8 years experience in web design and interactive products
- Experience with campaign concept development and rollout
- Ability to use Sketch, Adobe, and Google products
- Fluent in English or French (bilingual is an asset)
Cinematographer + Editor - Contract
Origin is looking for contract cinematographers and editors in the Whistler area with both studio and outdoor filmmaking experience. If you are an established, self sufficient, high quality video creator, we want to talk to you. Ideal applicants are multifaceted and have worked with a creative agency before. Cinematographer applicants must own a 4K basic camera package, external audio package, and lighting package (FS7, RED, C300 etc). Exceptions and additional gear rental on a job by job basis. Editor applicants must be story-tellers by nature, organized/detail driven and highly proficient in Adobe Premiere & other Creative Suite products.
Please provide demo reel, and gear list with application.
Web Developer (Contract)